Skip to main content

Options to buy your new home



A Helping Hand

Many of our homes are available to buy outright, but if you need a helping hand to get the house or apartment you want, there is financial assistance on offer. The government has introduced a range of Help to Buy schemes that are designed to make buying a home that little bit easier. Taking advantage of these schemes can help you to access homes that might otherwise be out of your reach.

From Shared Ownership, to Equity Loans, to special ISAs, there are a range of schemes available that could enable you to get onto the property ladder. The best thing is, if you’re eligible for Help to Buy, you can take advantage of these schemes to purchase your chosen Laurus Homes house or apartment.

We believe everyone deserves a special place that they can call home and so we aim to make our developments as accessible as possible. If you’d like further information or advice about the house buying schemes available, don’t hesitate to contact our expert team. We’ll be happy to talk you through your options for buying a house and help you find a practical, achievable way to realise your goals.

SHARED OWNERSHIP

Shared Ownership lets you buy a share of your home (between 25% and 75% of its value) and pay rent on the remaining portion. It’s a popular way to access home ownership because it lowers the upfront costs of buying a house or apartment. It means you own a percentage of your home, which is yours to keep or to sell if you decide to move. These agreements also give you the option of buying more shares when you can afford them, meaning you can work towards 100% ownership of your home. View all Laurus Shared Ownership homes.

EQUITY LOAN

A Help to Buy Equity Loan is only available on newly built homes. It’s a loan from the government of up to 20% of the cost of your home. To cover the remaining 80%, you’ll need to have a 5% cash deposit and take out a 75% mortgage.

You won’t have to pay any loan fees on the 20% loan for the first five years after you buy your home, helping to ease the financial pressure.

ISA

The government’s Help to Buy Individual Savings Account (ISA) is designed to give you a savings boost of 25% to help you with your mortgage deposit. For every £200 you save, you’ll get a bonus of £50, which you can start to claim when you’ve saved at least £1,600.

It’s important to bear in mind that the maximum government bonus you can receive is £3,000 and to receive that, you’ll need to have saved £12,000.

NEXT MOVES

To take advantage of Shared Ownership and Help to Buy schemes, you can apply via the government’s Help to Buy website. Your local Help to Buy agent will assess your application and, if you’re eligible, we’ll refer you to an approved Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) for free, impartial financial mortgage advice.

Discover more about the homes we have to offer by visiting our North West homes page. Alternatively, for further details about our developments or to get more information on the finance schemes available to help make homes more accessible, call us on 0161 968 0300.

Shared Ownership guide

Want to know more about Shared Ownership? We've designed a simple guide that explains all you need to know.

View

Featured Development

Available

Spinning Gate, Davyhulme

1 Bed - 2 Beds £32,500+

View Find your home

Stylish 1 & 2 bedroom apartments for Shared Ownership.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Browsealoud Browsealoud
click to choose
Font size Text size
down
default
up