Is the kitchen the heard of your home?
What do you use your kitchen for? It might sound like a silly question as obviously we all use it for cooking meals and doing the washing up afterwards, but there’s much more to a kitchen than just food preparation. In 1980 Jona Lewie famously sang that you can always find him in kitchens at parties (inspiring a more recent IKEA ad) and he definitely had a point.
Kitchens help bring us together, whether it’s the hub of the action at a party or just where a family meets up at the start and end of the day to eat. Whether that involves sharing stories of your days or just being with each other while everyone scrolls through their devices, the kitchen is still where we spend time together.
So, is the kitchen the heart of your home?
A kitchen for everyone
As with many other aspects of our home lives, the pandemic has played a role in emphasising the importance of our kitchens. With so many months where eating out and seeing friends and family haven’t been an option, whether we’ve cooked banana bread or ordered a takeaway, the kitchen has been important like never before.
Wherever you are at in your life, the kitchen has an important social role to play. Whether they’re for hosting parties (for grown-ups or for children), coffee mornings with friends or family get-togethers, kitchens are where we socialise but only if they’re big enough to bring people together in that way.
Tiny kitchens that are cut off from living spaces make this much more difficult and can result in whoever is on food duty at parties having to miss out on the action, which is why open-plan kitchen and dining areas are at the heart of new Laurus homes.
- Range of contemporary fully fitted Symphony kitchens.
- Range of Symphony square edge worktops and upstands.
- Zanussi electric fan single oven, 4 ring gas hob and stainless steel chimney hood to 2, 3 and 4 bed homes.
- Zanussi electric fan single oven, 5 ring gas hob and stainless steel chimney hood to 5 bed homes only.
- Symphony Chalk White Glass Splashback to hob.
- Zanussi integrated fridge-freezer.
- Zanussi integrated dishwasher.
- Housing unit for boiler.
- Plumbing for washing machine (or in utility if applicable).
- Inset 1½ bowl stainless steel sink.
Get in touch
Whatever you’re looking for with your new kitchen and whatever you’ve got planned for it, why not get in touch with our Sales Advisors to find out more about how a Laurus home can help you achieve it?